Smokin’ Cracker’s Red Fish Pot Pie
August 30, 2013
- 1 or 2 Slot Size Fresh Red Fish (filet fish and cut into 1 ½” squares about 2-3 pounds)
- ½ Cup Cream and ¼ Cup of Good Drinking White Wine
- ¼ Minced Green Onions and 1 Clove of crushed garlic
- 1 Whole Stick of Real Salted Butter (the good stuff that’s bad for you)
- ½ Cup Fresh Grated Parmesan Cheese (not the crap in the shaker can)
- 1 Can Cream of Asparagus Soup (condensed, thick stuff)
- 1 Can of French Fried Onions
- 2 Cans Crescent Rolls
- 1 Bag frozen mixed veggies your choice (defrosted room temp use as much or as little you like)
- I like the frozen potato, green bean, onions and peppers mixture.
- 1 tsp of corn starch
- Garlic Salt, Pepper, Salt & Crushed Red Pepper
In a well buttered 10” X 15” Baking Pan arrange on the bottom about 2-3 pounds of cubed red fish dried with a paper towel and lightly seasoned with garlic salt and crushed red pepper.
Drain all the liquid from the veggies in a strainer and pour the dry, room temp veggies evenly over the fish.
In a sauce pan slowly bring to a simmer the cream, white wine, green minced onions, crushed garlic, corn starch and the condensed can of soup. (season to taste) Simmer for 1-2 minutes and pour evenly over the mixture of fish and veggies.
Cover the casserole evenly with the whole can of French fried onions. Melt the stick of butter and drizzle evenly over the French fried onions and sprinkle the parmesan cheese over the whole casserole evenly.
Then separate the first tube of crescent rolls into squares. Do not separate into triangles cut into 1” strips. Then stretch and arrange in a lattice pattern across the center of the pie
Separate the second tube crescent rolls into 8 triangles. Starting from the wide ends, roll up halfway and arrange around the edges of the pie so pointed ends are directed toward the center slightly covering the edges of the lattice pattern. Bake approx 30-45 minutes, until rolls are golden brown on top but not burnt and casserole is bubbling. (Check every 5 minutes after the first 20 minutes)
Remove the pie from the oven and let it rest for approx 30 min before serving.
Jimmy Brod (Smokin’ Cracker) http://www.smokincrackerbbq.com