Summer camp means the livin’ and fishin’ are easy
June 4, 2015
Hey kids and parents! Are you looking for something fun to fill the long summer days? Why not try a Kids’ Saltwater Fishing Camp? Several of these educational, weeklong events are scheduled across the state this summer. Spaces are limited, so sign up today before they fill.
Hosted by the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) and partners, these clinics enable young people to learn the basics of environmental stewardship, fishing ethics, angling skills and safety.
Find a camp near you:
- Englewood: June 15-19 and June 22-26. Ages 8-13. Learn more at http://checflorida.org/Activities.html#Youth
- Naples: July 6-10, July 13-17, July 27-31 and Aug. 3-7. Ages 9 and up. Learn more at http://www.naplesgov.com/DocumentCenter/View/49299
- Stuart: July 20-24. Ages 12-14. Learn more at http://www.floridaocean.org/uploads/docs/blocks/222/2015-july-registration-packet.pdf
- Miami: July 27-Aug. 14. Ages 9-15. Learn more at http://www.miamidade.gov/parks/activities-summer-camps.asp
- Jupiter: Aug. 3-7 and Aug. 10-14. Grades 6-8 for week one and grades 4-6 for week two. Learn more at https://www.loxahatcheeriver.org/summer_eco_fun.php
- St. Petersburg: Aug. 3-7. Ages 8-15. Learn more at http://www.weedonislandpreserve.org/summer-camps.htm
To find out more about FWC’s other fishing clinics for kids, go to MyFWC.com/Fishing and select the “Youth & Student” option under “Education.”